18 May 2011
Racing’s a great day out with brilliant sporting action and the chance to socialise with your mates. Some people also enjoy having a bet at the races but you don’t need to have a flutter to have a great day.
However, if you do have a bet, don’t get into debt!
Responsible betting means staying in control of how much time and money you spend on betting.
Whether you’re putting a 50p each-way bet or you’re sure you’ve found the winner in the big race, betting responsibly means treating the activity as just another form of entertainment and not spending more money or time than you can reasonably afford.
We’ve teamed up with GambleAware to bring you our Top 10 Winning Tips
1. Don’t think of gambling as a way to make money.
2. Only gamble with money you can afford to lose.
3. Set a money limit in advance.
4. Set a time limit in advance.
5. Never chase your losses.
6. Don’t bet when you’re depressed or upset.
7. Balance betting with other activities.
8. Don’t take your bank card with you.
9. Take frequent breaks.
10. Don’t drink or use drugs when betting.